I have decided to move to New Zealand. Useful vocab for those of you who want to come with me:
e noho rā.....good bye (what I'll soon say to darkness and rain)
aroha nui.....I love you
aotearoa.....Land of The Long White Cloud or New Zealand
purini.....dessert (you should always know how to say this, no matter what language)
āe.....Yes. (What I'll say if you ask me if I want purini)
E noho rā Puget Sound convergence zone!
Kia ora Aotearoa!
He tiakarete anō māu?* āe!
Kia ora Aotearoa!
He tiakarete anō māu?* āe!
I think this is my new dream car, especially if it runs on bio-diesel.*He tiakarete anō māu? = Would you like another chocolate?
Ok, so this one I had to look up :) But I think it will come in handy.
Helpful Maori language online dictionary: http://www.maoridictionary.co.nz/index.cfm

5 comments:
I think you may need your mother on this trip. I will have to come with you to take care of you! It will be a sacrifice, but I will do it!
I think you can stay at my place when you come to NZ. NZ will welcome you back with opened arms. NZ has been waiting for your return. This is a good time to return to NZ (ok I've been awaiting your return cause then we can go watch rugby games together WAHOOOOOOO) LOL and bring all your friends...the more the merrier.
Did you hear that everyone? We've got a place to stay! Let's go tomorrow!!
i don't know if you recall the wisharts...? but they helped pay for shelly's mission I think. anyway, i met them with her. they are from NZ. their brother and sister (confused yet)...other wisharts...just started working at the temple friday nights with me. made me think of her, have you talked to her?
Sorry, but my vote as a sister counts for at least 100 people, and since I say you can't go to NZ...you aren't going! The count would be 4 (5 if you include you) to 100 (my vote)...see, you can't go! Maybe for a visit, and then you can take me with you...but not to live!!!!
Post a Comment