6.12.2008

Two Truths and a Lie.

I often nap on public transportation. On the way to work one morning I was horrified to wake up with my head resting on the shoulder on some stranger! Wait for it, it gets much worse...I was drooling on his suit!
Status:
True!
When I first started riding the bus to work, I was nervous about weirdos. It was at this moment I faced the truth—I am the weirdo on the bus!


I got a shout out from the Bat Commander at the Aquabats concert I went to in Seattle. He told me he liked my vest (unquestionably mocking me) and then blew me a kiss (to make up). I forgave him.
Status: True!
I was running late after school and didn’t have time to go home and change into a more appropriate for a rock concert outfit. So, I wore a fleece vest. Very tacky. I thought I might get cold later… No, I actually have no excuse. But he really did blow me a kiss. This story can be corroborated by my friend Jeremy.


On the 1st day of the sailing class I took at WWU, I had to capsize the boat out on the lake, so the sail was all the way under (90 degrees to the surface) then try to get the boat back up and crawl back in! I got very wet and but had so much fun!
Status: False!

This story was almost true. I signed up for sailing lessons. Hard to do unless you have a copiousness number of credits so you are one of the first to register, as this class fills promptly. I got out to the lake and saw the class before me out on the lake doing the exercise described and fear flooded my heart. After confirming that that was not the advanced sailing class, as I first hoped, I decided not to proceed. Some scary things in life I’ve regretted not doing. I often wish I was braver. But crazy isn’t something I want to be. This was beyond scary and into the crazy category!

4 comments:

Emily A. said...

Lol. I really did laugh out loud when I read your post! You are so cute! That was a very nice man that let you sleep on his shoulder. Did you ever see him on the bus again? I hope you didn't scare him off. Of course, maybe that's why so many people ride their bikes to work in Seattle. Its not to promote health. Its to prevent drool from pooling on their jackets. :) Sweat is much more socially acceptable than drool.

emily :) said...

Yeah! I guessed right! I've always known that you are a weirdo, so that was easy...and we've always known that "we're ugly and our mama dresses us funny!", so that was easy too! ;) :) However, I've never heard you talk about sailing lessons, something that I'm sure you would have announced quite loudly, for bragging rights alone, so I figured that was the lie! :)

Honor said...

I just love that story ... it's the kind of story that I could pass on to someone, who would then pass it on to another person, until it becomes "legendary"

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'll never forget that concert... the Bat Commander was totally flirting with Karen from the stage and across the room.