I sometimes fall back on math to solve my problems. Once, a sympathetic friend was standing next to me when another girl began asking me awkward and personal questions about a guy I was dating. My friend, seeing that I was getting uncomfortable/nervous turned to me and said "Quick, what's 5+5?" Ahhh, love her. And math. Combining love and math seems like an odd sum to some. But in my universe things are always better when they are coupled.
Recently I used math to illustrate a point to one of my friends while we were up late talking about love and romance. I told her that it seems to me that love is a scatter plot.
The x-axis represents time and the y-axis the positive/negative interactions you have with someone. Of course it's best when the positive interactions increase over time because the goal with any blossoming romance is to increase both the frequency and the positive degree of your interactions. This is what math nerds call a positive correlation.
But sometimes there's no correlation at all and you're left with a bunch of random dots all over.
*sigh*
Math Homework:
1. Practice finding a line of best fit. click here
2. Watch Kirby and the Love Equation


2 comments:
Loved it!
Please be my wife please.
Post a Comment