5.24.2008

A Bowl of Cherries


Me and baby Kate. I love her two little teeth. What a cutie-pie. I played with a couple of my nieces on Friday afternoon while the rest of their family went to the movies; and I was "paid" in CHERRIES!
I love cherries. yum.
We had a blast. Here is a conversation I had with Tessa:
Tessa (peering down at a potato bug forever): Birds eat buggies.
Me: Do you like buggies?
Tess: I LOVE them!
Me: Do you like spiders?
Tess (looking at me with alarm in her eyes, clutching her arms to herself): No!
I still don't know if she meant she likes bugs or like to eat bugs. In the context of the conversation, it sounds like she likes to eat them, but could that be true?! Doubtful.


Yum.


5 comments:

Emily A. said...

I love your posts. They always make me smile. Lol. I can't wait to have conversations with my boy like that. Although, being a boy he will probably step on the potato bug before we discuss his place in the world.

emily :) said...

What a fun afternoon! :) Conversations with little ones are very insightful :) The last couple months Amelia has been freaked out by bugs, and she tells me quite often that she doesn't like bugs or spiders, only bees! :) :) I'm not sure where it came from, and I know that if she ever gets stung by a bee, that she will be singing a different tune!

emily :) said...

BTW, your eye color almost matches perfectly with Kate's :) Just thought it looked really pretty!

Shel said...

My friend,
While I am sooo happy that you found me (SUPER DUPER BYOND ECSTATUC HAPPY!!) I am a little scared that you found me through my email!! I did a search and also found it through Haley's blog....hope that is where you found it...I may have her delete my comment!! :) It was meant to be so we could find each other again!! :) I miss you and have thought of you soooo much! How long have you been teaching now?? Now that you have my email addy, you must write!! :) I miss you! I was catching up on a few things here from you and I must say...oh how I miss your humor!! You make everyone smile!! EVERYONE!! Love your guts! Write soon!

Honor said...

Tessa is so funny ... she spent most of Sunday asking everyone what their favorite songs were and then saying hers was "TwinkleTwinkle Little Star" ... she then wanted us all to sing our song and her song. Thanks for babysitting! Are those the actual cherries or is that a pic you found on the web?