8.28.2012

Where Are All the Notes?

Dear loyal blog reader,
Have you wondered what ever happened to me posting confiscated student notes? Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to start posting more soon. Last year I was teaching honors classes and the thing about honors students is they are smart (translate to sneaky). Either that or they aren't very interested in advancing their social agenda. Either way, I didn't find any discarded notes lying about and I rarely saw a kiddo writing a note. I usually at least warn them before taking their notes, a practice for which I apologize to you, dear blog reader. This school year, which starts in just a week (!), promises to be a better haul. I am only teaching 2 honors classes, the other three are just regular 8th grade science classes. Eighth grader's notes are usually better anyway, let's be honest. More drama and angst.
I will try to show at least one super boring science video during September and lurk in the back waiting for some good stuff to come rolling in. Videos are great for note collecting because the kids try to counter extreme disinterest with socializing.
Until then, consider rereading some of your favorites from the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for some good stuff!

-Melissa