5.09.2012

Love Is the Coal That Makes This Train Roll

Last summer I took as many of my nieces as my car had seat belts for to the donut store for a field trip. Of course the Black Keys were playing on my car's woefully inadequate sound system.

My niece Callie was especially enamoured with the song Howling for You. If you're my niece, seriously, I'm gonna love you no matter what, but love was streaming right out of my heart as she was singing da da da da da, da da da da da . . .
So last night I was thinking "I wish Callie was here, she would love this!" while I was enjoying the magical moment of the boys singing it live.

Then I thought what kind of grown-up would bring a child to a rock concert?! There's a dude smoking pot (a couple of dudes) and the music is so loud that my pants are actually moving from the sound waves. Nevertheless what might not constitute a healthy environment for a kid at 10 o'clock on a school night was a pretty awesome time for the rest of us.


I can't express to you the coolness of this giant mirror ball. Last time I saw them it came out of a giant box, so when I didn't see the box I felt, I'm not gonna lie, a little disappointed. But the rest of the show was so great that I was willing to forgive and forget. But no, forgiveness was not required, the magical mirror ball of your dreams was lowered down from the ceiling and none of my hopes were dashed.

None.

All the hopes were realized.




No comments: