1.21.2012

The Kid

I have a friend who, years ago, told me how much she liked the movie The Kid. It's about a man whose 8 year old version of himself suddenly appears in his life, they have some adventures, and he learns to stop hating himself.
For some reason I've been thinking about this and wondering what kind of advice I would give 8 year-old me. And what I'm even more curious about is what advice 8 year old me would give me.

Little K to Big K:
Don't ever be too full for dessert.
Chocolate flavored chapstick does not taste good when you eat the whole tube all at once.
God loves you.


Big K to Little K:
Credit cards are not your best friend.
Hug your family as much as you can.
You're going to be fine, just live.


P.S. Hey little K, here's a picture of us next to our space ship. Yep, you grew up to be an Astronaut. Cool, huh? Love, Big K




So what advice would you give your younger self?
What do you think they'd want to tell you?

No comments: