5.16.2011

Boyfriend Rumors

One of my students was humming Eye of the Tiger. I told this kid that that same song had been stuck in my head since Saturday when some friends of mine had been playing it on Rock Band. Of course this put the whole class into an excited state. You could almost see their electrons jumping into higher energy bands. "You play VIDEO GAMES?!" "Who were you playing with?" "Do you have a cat?"
Not sure where that last question came from...

Earlier in the class period one of the kids showed me how someone defaced the Algebra Book and had drawn a goatee on one of the authors. This particular author, Dr. Burger, has recorded several short videos for each section of the book which we sometimes refer to when I want to walk around helping kids but want everyone to keep learning. Because learning is awesome!
In response to the goatee I said, "Oh no, not our beloved Dr. Burger"!

So . . .

Here's the latest rumor: Dr. Burger, who is my boyfriend, and I play rock band on the weekends when we aren't doing math.

. . .

Seriously, I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

2 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

When I think of Dr. Burger, I'm thinking sauteed onions, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup, mustard, cheese, with potato salad and watermelon. Memorial Day can't come soon enough! Do you have a cat?
- Nate

Randi said...

Haha, that is so funny. What grade level do you teach again?