I'm seldom crabby. Happy is my personality’s default operating procedure. But sometimes...well, we all have our moments.
A couple of weeks ago I had one of those moments. I know exactly what caused the mood, but I just couldn't shake it. If you didn’t know me you might not have even realized what a funk I was in, but Aimee, who knows me well, spent the morning with me. Poor kid.
So I'm driving around pioneer square trying to find parking and getting so annoyed (this would try the patience of a person in the best mood ever) and finally just pulled over and dropped her off to run into Elliot Bay Books as I circled the block.
A few minutes later, she returned with this huge gourmet chocolate bar which she explained she had purchased because she knew it would cheer me up. How amazingly cool is this chic chick?
Seriously.
Verdict? It totally worked. I let this perfect square of rich dark chocolate melt tenderly in my mouth as I felt every burden lift off my soul and fly away.
Rx: Chocolate. For use in cases of extreme grumpyness, disgruntled emotions or dementors.
I also encourage preventative medicine. Eating a bowl of cocoa crispies for breakfast sounds smart. Try it tomorrow.
2.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This just now showed up in my Google Reader. Weird.
Glad I could help keep the cranky at bay. ;) Love you!
Chocolate...the cure all!
I think I might need one of those chocolate bars on a daily basis!! :) There is about a week out of each month that doesn't bring grumpy feelings, no matter what is going on around me...so that is good. For me it is a life long journey...glad you only experience it once in a blue moon! ;)
Post a Comment