When you’re teaching a bunch of hooligans and the technology fails it’s one more unpleasant thing to do. (p.s. I like the hooligans.)
Ok, so here’s the solution—the periodic table. Yes, you read that correctly. But how can the periodic table help with thinking of new, easy to remember, constantly changing passwords?? After three or four password changes I was racking my brain trying to quickly come up with something memorable when my eyes rested upon the periodic table hanging magnanimously on the wall. I pondered its beauty for a moment when it struck me. I typed in hydrogen as my new password. 6 weeks later: helium. Then, you guessed it, lithium. , etc.
And now after using a password for almost 2 months I can, with no trouble at all, spell vanadium, scandium, manganese not to be confused with magnesium, etc.
I could take anyone in a periodic table spelling bee. Bring it.
Feel free to use this solution if you are also plagued with a constantly changing password.
How many times have you sat through a boring Chemistry lecture (just kidding, they're never boring!) to find yourself trying to spell words with the periodic table?
Never??
Oh, ahem, me neither...
But if you're as distractable as I am---Oh look, something shiny!
You might love this website as much as me. Ok, maybe not that much, but you might enjoy it a little:

3 comments:
Sounds like a good solution to me! Nice to see a post from you. Did you know that a year ago you agreed to do the post for Grandpa Frampton? Just saw it when I updated the blog. It's still a draft, but has a nice little video of him singing. Maybe you could work on it this year and have it ready for his next birthday! By the way, your apartment looks nice. I am waiting for them to arrive and not buy the house as I write.
Brian has to do this too...change his password that is. He just keeps the same first part, and then added 2 numbers to the end...he started with 01 and continues in numerical order :) I think he's up to 12 or something like that!
This might be a solution for those of us who are not at all familar with the order of the periodic table, let alone the spelling of each element!! Yeah for you, by the way! :) :)
I love the theme music for your blog. Eye of the Tiger!!!
I just thought I would interject that I find the changing of passwords highly annoying as well, and even while working for the IT Department, could not avoid it. I found that rotating between two different passwords works great, although your technique for password discovery is much more fun and original!
I love reading your blog Karen. You are a genius and funny as all heck!
Post a Comment