12.21.2008

What's My Elevation?

Have you ever been halfway through an argument/discussion when you realized your heart wasn't really in it? Arguments are best if you win them, it's true. But I've had a few where I just didn't care anymore. The following story is NOT an example of this.

My friend Boris* (names have been changed to protect the innocent) and I got into a silly dispute years ago. We were living in Bellingham at the time and I mentioned something about being at sea level. Boris is from Houston and laughed at me and our mountains and rolling hills and said This IS Not Sea Level. I pointed to the sea, which we lived 10 blocks from and said something dumb. The problem is that we defined the word sea level differently. I'm thinking "being at the same elevation at the sea" Boris is thinking "the land is level like the sea".
Which Houston is and Bellingham is not.



Ok, Boris I apologize.

You can type in your address at this site, then click on "find" and it will give you your elevation.

My elevation 423 ft. What' s yours?

2 comments:

Rachel D. said...

318 ft. I really appreciate your educational blogs! It makes me smarter!

Zack + Julie said...

I was below sea level a few days ago... el Centro CA!