8.13.2008

Come On Kiwis!

I've been watching the Olympics for the last several days. I have to report some sad news: after reviewing the medals count, (yeah! Micheal Phelps) it has come to my attention that my beloved (adopted) homeland of New Zealand has yet to secure a medal. *sigh*

Never fear, more events, great athletes and some exciting competitions coming up in the que. We're cheering for you guys!


So for now, if you want to hear the Kiwi National Anthem, you'll have to hear it here. (It's on my playlist).



Understandably, cheering on the Olympians makes me hungry for carbs. So, I mixed up a large bowl of blueberry pancake batter; YUM!
Now I'm cheering and fulfilling a deep psychological need for maple coated, blueberry infused, carbohydrates. What could be better?

New Zealand on the platform.

GO KIWIS!

4 comments:

emily :) said...

GO Kiwis!! Sure why not...I've never been to New Zealand, but if you say so...okay, I'm on board! I agree that carbs go well with any kind of waiting!! :) I'm waiting for Brian to get home, so of course carbs will be part of every meal and snack!! :)

Judie and George said...

I am always amazed at how you tie your posts together and it makes sense! Good job! Those pancakes look dee-licious.

bearnjo.com said...

Down under picked up a few medals before it was all over. Diving was one...really a surprise but a very good one.
Check out my blog. We had a big surprise this week end. Pictures and stories.. really fun

Lindsay said...

Hi Karen! How are yA?
Cool blog!
Check out my blog old friend!!
:)

www.mrandmrsweldon.blogspot.com