3.12.2012

A Joke I've Waited My Whole Life to Tell

Science fair season is upon us. It has us in its icy grips and the only way out is through it.

Several days this week I have hidden in my classroom during lunch because I don't want to be attacked by one of my students in the hallway telling me their dumb science fair idea. And I have to tell them something positive and encouraging and then help them brainstorm a much better idea. I've brainstormed about 120 projects. It's exhausting but also secretly I love it.

Crazy paradox.

Today I was explaining that everyone needed to turn their posters in on one date but that the science fair is actually a few weeks later---on my birthday! Seriously. How cool is that. And one of my students named Luke yells out that that is his Dad's birthday!

So I turn to him and say " Luke, I am your father."

Hah! HA!

I'm going to laugh about this forEVER.

3 comments:

Janet and Nate said...

I said those same words to my son, Luke, the day he was born. (not as funny)

MLE said...

Oh Karen, it has been too long since I last saw you. I miss you!

Randi said...

Haha, that is hilarious. That joke has been told at my house a few times but it just never gets old. Happy St. Patty's Day!