12.20.2011

Christmas!

I don't know when I've been as excited for Christmas as I am this year. Maybe it's because I started listening to Christmas music the weekend of Thanksgiving and never stopped. But I bought my first tree ever and decorated it. It's a sad, sorry little tree that doesn't stand up straight because I bought a tree stand for a much bigger tree. But I cut it down MYSELF. With my very own little muscles. With a saw. By myself. I know, very impressive.

I only had three ornaments, so I bought a bunch of chocolate Santas and tied them on. It's festive and has a future promise of delicious snacks on clean-up Christmas day. There are enough lights for air traffic control on the top and none on the bottom 1/3 because I didn't plan very well. But I keep resisting the urge to fix it because it cracks me up.

Also the star on top is a mirror ball because stars are spherical.

My tree reminds me of myself: cheerful, hopeful, and just glad to be along for the ride.

Also, this:


May your days be merry and bright and your nights silent and holy.

No comments: