11.02.2010

2 Things

Thing 1: Today I bought lunch from the cafateria. That's enough to just stop there, but it gets better. Today's menu? Sloppy joes. I am not even kidding. I almost couldn't buy it with a straight face. I think the cafeteria staff thought I was just in a really happy mood. But I kept thinking, how can you be an actual lunch lady and take yourself seriously when you're making sloppy joes? I could not. And if I was humming Lunch Lady Land as I walked away, no one can blame me. It's only the 2nd time I've bought lunch this year so I don't know how common it is as a menu item but it tasted suspicously like yesterday's meatloaf . . .

Thing 2: Some "party supplies" a.k.a a panty liner was found stuck to the bottom of a desk by 2 seventh grade boys in science today. They were, needless to say, horrified. One boy was groaning, "It's one of those things. Those tampon things."
The entire class was sidetracked for a few long minutes as I removed it and explained that today's learning objective was learning about light energy and not sex ed. But there would be time for that later in the year and we needed to get back on task. Well this new information was all anyone could talk about. Exactly when would we be learning about sex?
Not today kids, not today.

3 comments:

H C M said...

#1 I love sloppy joes--but probably not the school version
#2--ha-ha-ha, what entertainment, what enlightenment.

Jeremy said...

I love Sloppy Joes, but I must say you’re pretty brave to eat institutionalized Sloppy Joes…

Also, was the panty liner new or used? Was the horror the young men experienced the same as walking down the feminine hygiene aisle at QFC with mom, or was it something that could cause grown men to go pale (not to mention a feat of ninja like stealth for whomever left it)?

Wren/Karen said...

I am brave Jeremy. Not just for the Sloppy Joes, although that is very impressive I know, but because I teach miniature humans.
I too am amazed by the stealth of the student who placed the "item". But let me reassure all interested parties that the this was an unused liner. Whew.