9.19.2010

do u want 2 d8 me?

So, school started 1.5 weeks ago. I miss sleeping in until 11. I miss riding my bike around in the sunshine. I miss the money I'm now spending on gas for my killer commute. But I like my classes, the kids are pretty awesome, The Black Keys are rocking out inside my car stereo, and the notes have started flooding in. So my world's going to be ok.

This note, which we will be featuring today, was discovered after the kids were gone for the day, just laying on the floor by the garbage can/rubbish bin (for my Aussie and Kiwi readers).

Get comfortable.
It's awesome.
As always, NO changes to spelling or punctuation except to maintain privacy or decency.


Dear, [Girl's name]

Hey I wanted to see if you can give me a chance cuz we couldn't date last year we had no time and [dang] you look so fine today everybodies saying we would be a cute couple so I wanted to see if u wanted to test the waters with me i'm not even playing around I like you I've changed since last year I'm not a player like I used to be if I really like someone I won't date them just to get something I've changed I'll never go back to the same person I was. Just let me show you I can prove to you that I can be a good boyfriend I now I'm your best friend but I wan't to be more than just your friend. I can be a good boyfriend trust me. Just let me know if you want to date.

P.S I hope we can finish wat we started.

unsigned


Ok kids, what we have here is a mystery. Why was this precious declaration of amorous devotion lying on the floor next to the garbage can?

Did [Girl's name] receive the note and this is her response? Maybe they aren't best friends after all? Or she was appalled, understandably, by his grasp of punctuation usage in the English language? I mean seriously, who wants a boyfriend that puts the comma after dear, instead of your name, therefore negating it being used as an adjective to describe how they feel about you?! Honestly guys, get a clue!

Did the note sender chicken out, never send it to [Girl's name], and throw it away in disgust?

Was a jealous third party entrusted with the sacred task of delivering the note to [Girl's name] and, overcome with the green-eyed monster, thwarted true love's course?

And the greatest mystery of all: why after 108 words did he suddenly decide to throw in a period?



6 comments:

Jen said...

Karen I love you and miss your face, voice, stories, enthusiasm, and down to earthness.

Honor said...

it's pretty pathetic, and i really hope the girl doesn't give in. he didn't change, and he's still a player. it's apparent in his romantic "love" note.

:) that's what I think the mystery leads to anyway.

Judie and George said...

Ha ha. There is humor in this, not just pathos.

Leah said...

Dear, Karen
This is (dang) amazing.

Amber said...

Laughing and shaking my head. Gotta love Junior High.

BTW- Ashley's new Algebra and Science teachers are keepers. They both remind me so much of you! (but in different ways) I told Ash after I attended back-to-school night, that I'm so excited for her. It looks like she's in for a fantastic year. Doug and I have been saying for the past 5years, that all we need are some Jr. High teachers like Karen. Finally!! Hopefully, we've paid our dues and our 3rd born is reaping the reward. :-)

Emily A. said...

Lol. Awesome. Thanks for the laughs.